Blueberry and Banana Dairy Free Smoothie (2 ways)
Smoothies have become more and more popular as meal replacements, breakfast, or pre / post workout snacks. They are nutritious, delicious and also quick and easy for busy morning before work or school. Most smoothie recipes you find online contain dairy in the form of milk or yoghurt. Although these smoothies are delicious I find them too heavy for my system. For vegans, aspiring vegans or people that cant have dairy its nice to know you can have endless combinations of dairy-free/vegan smoothies that are just as creamy and delicious. Typically my smoothies replace breakfast so I like them a little more of the calorie dense side of things. I use bananas as my base and make sure to incorporate at least one superfood in each smoothie. They have a good balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats so can keep you lasting for a good few hours before you feel hungry again. I’m sharing a recipe for one of the smoothies I have most often for breakfast, I use frozen banana’s when I am wanting a thicker consistency for a smoothie bowl and just normal bananas for a regular smoothie.
|Blueberry and Banana Dairy Free Smoothie|| |
- 2 small frozen bananas or regular bananas
- ½ punnet blueberries
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 heaped TBSP almond butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp acai or macqui berry powder
- 1 cup organic soy or almond milk (use less or more depending on desired consistency)
- I used blueberries, mulberries and flaked almonds as topping
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl or glass and top with desired toppings. Enjoy