Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding Parfait
So I am sitting here waiting for this cyclone to strike, feeling quite bored with a very strange sci fi robot movie in the background. Thought I would try to make the most of electricity while it still lasts and upload an old recipe from almost a year ago that just never made it to the blog. I think this was one of those recipes that I just ended up sharing on social media but it is my all time favourite way to have chia pudding and I have it quite often. Its a simple recipe that I usually have with lots of layered banana and strawberry although I didn’t photograph it with strawberries in these pics. The recipe is vegan, gluten free and very yummy. I don’t really know what to say about it since its been such a long time since we photographed these parfaits. So without further ado, here is the recipe
The recipe was originally adapted from Secret Squirrel.
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding Parfait|| |
- PEANUT BUTTER BASE:
- ½ cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup peanut butter
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk or other plant milk of choice
- CHIA PUDDING:
- 1 cup light coconut milk or other plant milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 TBSP cacao powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- drop vanilla extract
- OTHER LAYERS:
- sliced banana
- cacao nibs
- toasted buckwheat groats
- Blend the peanut butter, dates, salt and coconut milk in a food processor until it forms a smooth sticky paste. Layer a couple of TBSP's in the bottom of your favourite jars to form your base.
- For the chia pudding, mix all the pudding ingredients together in a bowl and let sit over night or for at least an hour.
- Layer chia pudding over peanut butter base, add sliced banana, cacao nibs and buckwheat groats.
- Add another layer of chia pudding and top with extra cacao bins and buckwheat groats.
- You can make as many layers as you like.