Chocolate Peanut Butter Puff Bars
I have high hopes I’m going to upload at least a couple of new recipes this week, although it’s probably unlikely with everyone still being sick at our place. Thankfully I’ve gotten good at blog writing on my I phone so I can blog as the baby sleeps on me! Just in case he wakes up soon (as he can’t breathe) I’m going to try keep this recipe short and to the point.
The recipe for the puff peanut butter part is not mine at all. I used a recipe from bakerita on Instagram, however I didn’t have enough chocolate chips to melt down so had to make my own chocolate coating. I’m actually so glad I did because firstly I hate melting down chocolate chips. I know it’s supposed to be an easy process but I hate doing it! It’s so messy! And secondly because my chocolate coating turned out delicious and so shiny and glossy! I’ve also not been able to find chocolate chips without refined sugar , and although dark chocolate doesn’t contain all that much sugar I still like to keep it down as much as possible because I’d rather eat a sweetener that actually contains some nutrition. The bars are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Baby loved these little treats! (I tried not to give him the chocolate part as he is under the age of one) They are very kid friendly! I’m probably going to do variations in this recipe with different puffed grains and different but butters at some point. Enjoy!
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Puff Bars|| |
- PEANUT PUFF FILLING:
- 2½ cups puffed brown rice
- ½ cup organic smooth peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- CHOCOLATE COATING
- 3 TBSP cacao powder
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP smooth peanut butter
- Drop vanilla extract
- For the puff filling simply mix all the ingredients together in s large bowl until well combined and sticky.
- Press down into a lined square baking pan and set aside.
- For the coating: mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread evenly over puff mixture with spatula.
- Place in the freezer to set for about 2 hour or until the chocolate coating sets.
- Once set cut into squares and enjoy