Double Chocolate Banana Buckwheat Muffins
I have been meaning to make some chocolate muffins for a while. I got really excited when I found one of those large muffin trays so I could make giant muffins. Turned out I hated the way the tray looked in the photos, but the muffins still turned out good!
I decided to use buckwheat flour because I had a bit in my pantry to use up and I wanted make then completely gluten free. I am really trying to experiment a little more with buckwheat flour. I find that almost all my baking recipes use whole meal spelt so am trying to switch it up a bit. The texture turned out a little drier than I wanted it to, but I think that is just the buckwheat. The muffins were delicious and very easy to make. I am sure these will not be the only version of double chocolate muffins I will make because a double chocolate muffin is my favourite type of muffin!
The original recipe is adapted from “The Beaming Baker”
|Double Chocolate Banana Buckwheat Muffins|| |
- 4 ripe medium bananas
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ almond meal
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Mash your bananas and combine them with the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix until well combined
- In a seperate bowl combine the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour your banana mixture over your flour mixture and mix well to combine
- Add your chocolate chips and divide the mixture evenly in a lined or lightly greased muffin tray of your choosing.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 180 C