If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen me make this porridge a few times in my stories. I whole lot of you asked for the recipe so here it is! This easy little recipe has become one of our regular breakfasts as of late. It’s actually one of the only porridge recipes I make without banana ! That’s a good thing because before this recipe I used to absolutely freak out if I woke up in the morning to find that I had run out of bananas (happens all the time) . Now I remember that on those days I can just make this and avoid the frantic panic that comes along with not having bananas .
I use raspberries in this recipe mainly because my baby finds berries too sour and this is a good way to get some berries into him. You can however use any fruit you like. I’ve made it with peaches before and it was quite nice! For now we are sticking to raspberry because it also goes perfectly with a big dollop on home made Nutella on top . You can find my recipe for home made Nutella here :http://hazelandcacao.com/homemade-healthy-vegan-nutella/ I also topped the porridge with berries, cherries and chocolate buckwheat granola. My recipe for the granola is here: http://hazelandcacao.com/chocolate-buckwheat-superfood-granola/
I only make this recipe frequently because I cook up a big batch of millet which I then freeze. In the morning I simply defrost my millet in the microwave for a few minutes then add it to the stove and it’s done within minutes because the millet is already cooked. (If your against microwave use you can just let it defrost on its own though it will take a little longer).
The recipe is completely gluten free , sugar free vegan and delicious ! Enjoy
|Easy Raspberry Millet Porridge|| |
- ½ cup pre cooked millet
- ¼ cup raspberries ( fresh or frozen)
- 1 TBSP cashew butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- drop vanilla extract
- ½ cup light coconut milk (or plant milk of choice)
- Place cooked millet and milk together in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cashew butter and melt in to millet mixture
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until the raspberries are partially broken down and give off a light pink colour.
- Remove from heat, add toppings and enjoy! I used raspberries, strawberries, cherries, home made nutella and chocolate buckwheat granola for my toppings.