Honey Roasted Peach Parfait
This is one of those recipes where I can’t decide wether it is breakfast or dessert. I love peaches so much! But I have to say that I get a little annoyed when it comes to picking peaches. I feel like so many of them are picked before they are ripe enough and the sweetness and juiciness of the peach is not fully developed. I like my peaches on the softer, juicier side of things and nothing annoys me more then when I think I have picked a good juicy peach and its dry and rubbery inside. Maybe I just need to get better at choosing peaches, but what do you do if your peaches aren’t as sweet and juicy as you would like? You roast them. I think it really helps to bring out the sweetness and extra flavour. In this recipe I am going to share my recipe for homemade soy yoghurt/custard. I use it in pretty much everything, but you can save your self some trouble if you like and use any store bought vegan yoghurt or even dairy yogurt if your not avoiding dairy. Vanilla flavour works best. The recipe was inspired by the Skinny Treats Magazine by Taste, which was available in supermarkets not too long ago.
|Honey Roasted Peach Parfait|| |
- 4 peaches – halved
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 1 ½ TBSP sliced almonds
- 1TBSP raw buckwheat grouts
- 1 TBS shredded coconut
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- For the yoghurt/custard:
- 1 packet organic silken tofu
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- drop vanilla extract
- Half peaches and remove the stone. Place on a tray cut size up and drizzle with lemon juice and honey
- Roast for 15 minutes at 180 C or until soft
- In a separate tray combine almond, buckwheat, coconut and poppy seeds. Roast for about 5-10 minutes at 180C or until almonds have started to brown and crisp
- For the yoghurt: drain excess water from tofu. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- To assemble: place a peach at the bottom of your glass/jar and sprinkle with your crumble mix. Add yoghurt over the top. Add another peach, crumble toppings, more yoghurt and top with a peach and extra toppings. Alternatively. Assemble whichever way you like!