Lime, Coconut & Macadamia Popsicles
It has been really hot in Townsville the last few weeks. I love the weather in Townsville but I must admit summers here can be quite rough, especially when it does not rain as much as it should. At the beginning of this summer I was actually quite happy and relieved that the temperature was no where near as bad as it got the previous summer and we have also had a tiny bit more rain than last year – although still no where near enough. But the last few weeks have been yuck. The humidity is thick, the sun is hot and everyone seems to avoiding the outdoors all together. I am a little bit sick of sitting inside in my air-conditioning every evening, especially since this is usually the time we go walking along the beach and talk about our day, but at least it gives me more time to create some yummy, icy treats to help us cool down. In fact I don’t think I have ever made so many ice creams before. Sticking with my theme of limes for this week, (I have a lot of limes to get through) I made these really easy and super creamy popsicles. They are so easy to whip up, are raw, vegan and refined sugar free. In fact, there is no added sweetener at all. Hope you enjoy the recipe and if you are struggling with the summer heat like I am, I hope this recipe helps!
|Lime, Coconut & Macadamia Popsicles|| |
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 can full cream coconut milk
- 2 TBSP macadamia butter
- 2 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
- zest of 4 limes
- Begin by zesting your limes with a fine grater
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth and well combined
- Transfer mixture into your popsicle moulds, add your popsicle sicks and freeze overnight, or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Makes about 5-6 depending on the size of your popsicle moulds.