Welcome to my first ever half guest blog post?? It’s still me writing this post and the photos are ours but it is not my recipe and I didn’t make these bars. My husband and I were invited to style and photograph some recipes from a local lady (now friend) Bec Peterson. Her handle is @becpeterson on Instagram. She also has her own photography business https://www.becpeterson.com/ Bec was being interviewed for the magazine because she was sharing her health journey story on how she transitioned her whole family into a whole foods natural way of eating and the benefits she gained from changing her lifestyle.
I thought since these particular cherry ripe bars are exactly the type of recipe I would personally make and eat myself (and the type of recipe and photography my audience is used to) it would be great if I could feature the recipe on my blog! Bec has graciously allowed me to do so and I’m so excited because they were so delicious!!
We had so much fun styling and photographing these little bars while the kids played together. My only regret is that I couldn’t find any fresh cherries to use for styling as they had just gone out of season, but I think we made them look awesome with crushed raspberries instead!
The recipe is paleo but can easily be made vegan by switching out the honey for a vegan alternative like maple syrup or coconut syrup. Personally, I love raw honey even if I am plant based. I’m not strict vegan and enjoy the health benefits and delicious taste of honey and bee products regularly. The recipe is also raw, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar-free. Hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as we did!
|No Bake Raw Cherry Ripe Bars|| |
- CHERRY FILLING:
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen cherries
- ⅓ cup of frozen raspberries or strawberries
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- ½ cup melted cacao butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or coconut syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor blitz together the coconut oil, honey & desiccated coconut
- Pulse through the vanilla extract, shredded coconut, frozen cherries & raspberries, leaving small chunks of coconut and berries for texture
- Tip into a 20cm metal baking tray lined with baking paper and use the back of a wooden spoon to level the mixture, then place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Place the cacao butter or coconut oil in a thick based saucepan over low heat and allow to melt while gently stirring.
- Stir cacao powder, syrup and vanilla extract through melted butter/oil. Stand aside to cool down and slightly thicken.
- Pull the cherry block from the freezer and cut into small rectangles or squares.
- Using something flat like a butter knife or small flat spatula, dip the cherry blocks into the chocolate sauce and then place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place your cherry ripes in the fridge or freezer to set and enjoy at your convenience!