I’m sharing one of my favourite ways to eat my oatmeal at the moment. I’m sure many people use nut butter in their oatmeal so this recipe isn’t going to come across as anything special but since having my baby , I have less time to experiment and find that I’m naturally sharing more of the food that we eat on a regular basis.
This oatmeal can be enjoyed both warm or cold so I’ll be sharing how to prepare it in both ways. As I’ve mentioned before, I like my porridge cold and instant because I live in a warm climate so I like to get super fine oatmeal that absorbs liquid quickly without a long waiting time. I generally stick to the same basic recipe and switch up the nut butter and toppings for different flavours. The pictures in this blog post contain hazelnut butter but I love using peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter and ABC butter. Bubs favourite is definitely the peanut butter variety so we tend to eat that one together a fair bit. I love adding nut butter to everything and love introducing nuts to my baby I this way.
Hope you enjoy the recipe. It’s nothing special but so delicious !
|Nut Butter Oatmeal|| |
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup oats
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP flax seeds (optional)
- 1 TBSP nut butter of choice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Drop vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- For warm oats: lightly warm the oats and almond milk on the stove, add in the nut butter and melt through . Add mashed banana and all other ingredient into the mixture and serve.
- For overnight oats or instant oats. Simply add all ingredients together in s bowl. Mix until everything is well combined. Allow to sit for a few minutes for the liquids to absorb or plavevin the fridge overnight .
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy !