Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
I am really doing my best to try get into blogging more regularly now that I am feeling better. This is a recipe I shared quite a while ago on my social media but never got the chance to put it up on the blog. I thought I might as well put it up now just to help me get into the habit of things again.
The recipe for the cookies is the same as a recipe I have already shared for my peanut butter choc chip cookies made with almond meal, minus the choc chips. The recipe is completely gluten free, vegan, full of protein and healthy faits and just so delicious. They are a little fragile/ crumbly when first made but do dry out a little more as time goes on. I filled the thumbprints up with a standard chia jam. I think raspberry works best but you can use any better you like. Enjoy the recipe!
|Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies with Raspberry Chia Jam|| |
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- RASPBERRY CHIA JAM:
- 1 cup raspberries *
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP raw honey or liquid sweetener of choice
- Mix all your cookie ingredients together in a bowl. Form ball shapes with your hands about 1 TBSP in size.
- Press your thumb down on the cookie balls until it creates a little well. I like to do this directly on the baking tray
- Bake at 180 C for 10 - 12 minutes
- For the raspberry jam, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until raspberries have broken down or until as smooth as you like it. Place jam in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night. The chia seeds will make the jam thicken.
- Spoon little bits of jam into your cookie well and enjoy
- * you can use fresh or frozen raspberries. Fresh is easier on your blender, so if using frozen allow to thaw slightly before blending.