Plum Chia Jam
Really quick and easy post today. I came up with this recipe when I was poaching some plums for another recipe. I had a few left over so decided to blend them up, add some chia and see what happens. I was never all that big on jam but when I was a kid I used to love plum jam. It was actually the only one I would eat. My mum would buy a special one that came from Croatia from some weird little ethnic market somewhere and we always had it in the house. I used to love eating it on some freshly baked bread while sipping on a bit of herbal tea. The Jam is still super delicious but like all jams is loaded with refined sugar. So this is a nice alternative. Of course it wont last anywhere near as long as regular jam but you will get a at least a week out of it, if not more. Hope you enjoy.
|Plum Chia Jam|| |
- 4 plums, cut in quarters, seeds removed
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- Place the plums, coconut sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a small pot with 3 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until plums are soft
- Remove plums and place them in a blender with honey and chia seeds.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in fridge overnight to thicken and enjoy in the morning.