Quick & Easy Cashew Milk
This is probably one of the shortest recipes I have on the blog yet so I will keep my description quite short too and just move straight on to the recipe. I’m not really one to make my own nut milks. I find the process of straining things through a nut bag too time consuming and messy. There are plenty of really great quality non dairy milks on the market now so I just don’t see the point. However cashew milk is not a milk you can buy ( not that I have seen anyway) and in my opinion is the most subtle in taste with the creamiest texture. I really love using it in hot drinks like hot chocolate or more recently in herbal caffeine free latte’s and turmeric latte’s. There is something very indulgent about cashew milk and luckily it is very easy to make too! The recipe is not quite my own. It is adapted from Cookie & Kate, but it is such a simple recipe and most other recipes for cashew milk will be very similar. Cashew milk is rich in protein and healthy fats, copper, magnesium and zinc as well as other phytonutrients, its super creamy and indulgent with a “whole milk” type texture and its a milk that not many people think of as an option. Besides, its the easiest nut milk you will ever make!
|Quick & Easy Cashew Milk|| |
- 1 cup cashews (preferably soaked for a few hours)*
- 4 cups water
- 1-2 TBSP maple syrup
- Blend the cashews with 2 cups of water until smooth
- Add the remaining 2 cups of water and maple syrup and blend again
- Transfer to glass bottle and enjoy.
- Stores in the fridge for about a week
- *you can make the milk without soaking the cashews but soaking them does make it easier on your blender