Raw Vegan Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Tarts with Blueberry Chia Jam
I got the idea from these little tarts from a little cookbook I had lying around at home. I of course did not follow the recipe at all because the original recipe was for a normal dairy cheesecake, but I did think they looked really impressive with the big dollop of blueberry jam. Besides who does not like a lemony blueberry combination?
The cheesecakes are nutritious, full of wonderful brain power promoting antioxidants from the blueberries, tart and very filling. I would actually suggest sharing one with someone else because we found them quite difficult to finish! This is yet another one of those dessert recipes that are nutritious and filling enough to have for breakfast.
I am not feeling all that inspired to write much else because I have just spent three hours writing up responses to an article and my brain is feeling a little dead (obviously I need more blueberries). You will have to excuse my shorter than usual and more boring blog post today. Besides, I love the way these photo’s turned out and I think the photos speak for themselves! As usual these are dairy and refined sugar free. If you have any questions about the recipe please leave me a comment below or contact me on social media!
|Raw Vegan Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Tarts with Blueberry Chia Jam|| |
- 1 cup rolled oats ( use gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dates
- pinch salt
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 1½ cups raw cashews ( soaked in water for at least 4 hours)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ TBSP vanilla extract
- BLUEBERRY CHIA JAM:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 -2 TBSP water to loosen if needed
- Extra blueberries for garnish
- For the base: Add all your ingredients into a food processor and blitz until mixture is well combined and sticky to the touch. Press the mixture evenly into the base and sides of your lightly greased mini tart tins and set aside
- For the filling: Add all your ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour filling evenly over your tart bases, smooth with spatula and freeze for about 4 hours or over night.
- For the blueberry chia jam: blend all ingredients in your blender until smooth. It is quite a thick mixture so add a little bit of water at a time to loosen if needed. Set in the fridge overnight
- When ready to serve allow to thaw for at least 5 minutes, add a big dollop of blueberry chia jam to your tarts and decorate with fresh blueberries.