Raw Vegan Choc Orange Mousse Cake
I have not been very inspired to write a whole deal on my blog posts lately. I never write all that much in comparison to most other bloggers. The reason for that is that when I visit blogs I’m just there for the recipe. It can get quite frustrating when you are scrolling down forever and still cant find the recipe, so I try to keep it short and sweet and talk mostly about the recipe I am sharing in the post. I don’t consider myself an expert cook. I actually have a lot more to say about health so I am going to concentrate most of my writing on my health articles in my new health section. My recipes are a little bit of a creative outlet for me but I do not feel particularly skilled at cooking and don’t know all that much about it. I mostly enjoy it because I love knowing the ingredients in my food and knowing how those ingredients affect my health in a positive way. The fact that I can make delicious things out of healthy whole plant based ingredients is a little bit like magic to me and that is why I am so passionate about what I do.
This cake is no exception. When I decided to make this cake I really thought it would be much too chocolatey. I even considered calling it “death by chocolate”. I thought it would be one of those cakes that make you feel sick from chocolate over load, but surprisingly it did not have that affect at all. The base of the cake is very dark but also addictive. It is my all time favourite raw vegan cake base. If your still a little new to raw cacao or dark chocolate in general, it might be a little strong but if you like the taste of dark chocolate you will most likely love the taste of the base. The recipe is also gluten free and packed full of nourishing whole foods. Enjoy!
|Raw Vegan Choc Orange Mousse Cake|| |
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups cashews – soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- flesh 1 ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- zest 1 orange
- juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup water
- For the base: Mix base ingredients together in bowl until they become sticky. It may seem like it wont come together at first but keep mixing until well combined and it will become sticky
- Press down on the base and sides of a small cake tin and set aside
- For the filling: add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more water if your blender is having trouble.
- Pour filling over base and even out with a spatula
- Freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Allow the cake to defrost for a few minutes before serving.