Raw Vegan Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake with Mixed Berries
This is my go to vegan cheesecake recipe that I base most of my vegan cheesecakes on. It was one of the very first that I tried. My most favourite thing about it is the chocolate base. It is very dark and has that distinct cacao taste. If your not a fan of that taste or are just starting out with dark chocolate you may find it a little strong, but we love it so much that for this particular recipe I doubled the base just so we could get more of that raw chocolaty taste. Feel free to half the base mixture and only press it down on the bottom of your cake tin instead if you are wanting a less intense chocolate experience.
I decided to upload this recipe for a competition I entered on Instagram inspiring people to eat more raw food. The problem is the people that are running the competition live in the Northern Hemisphere where it is summer. It was so hard for me to think of a raw meal since it’s winter in Australia and winter produce is just harder for me think up raw recipes for. I also struggle to be creative when I am under a bit of stress – which we have been lately – all good stress of course but still enough to stop me being creative. Thank goodness I thought of this recipe because I was honestly struggling more than I usually would. I have not made this cake for quite a while but I remembered how much we loved it. I honestly thought that after all the other raw cheesecakes I have been making on a regular basis, I would not find this one as impressive as I first did, but I was wrong! We loved it so much, we finished it in a couple of days without even thinking of sharing it with any one else. It is just really yummy! Enjoy the recipe 🙂
|Raw Vegan Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake with Mixed Berries|| |
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 11/2 cup raw cashews - soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- Scant ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ TBSP vanilla extract
- Mixed frozen berries for top (fresh berries is fine too)
- For the base: Mix base ingredients together in bowl until they become sticky. It may seem like it wont come together at first but keep mixing until well combined and it will become sticky
- Press down on the base and sides of a small cake tin and set aside
- For the filling: Blend filling ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over base
- Set the cake in the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or overnight
- Top with mixed frozen berries.
- Allow to thaw slightly before serving.