Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
Ive been meaning to write this post for quite some time but I got distracted watching movies! So now I will keep it as short as possible and get straight on to the recipe. Chocolate ice cream is pretty much the only ice cream I like but all the vegan recipes are coconut based and for someone like me the coconut flavour really comes through and its no longer a chocolate ice cream but a coconut chocolate ice cream. Coconut based ice creams also freeze like crazy in the freezer and take forever to thaw out. You really only have a window of about two hour before it becomes icy and unpleasant. I know that you can get all fancy with vegan ice creams if you have an ice cream machine and one day I really hope to get one, but I have actually never ever seen one before so I don’t even know where to purchase one from. I also gather that most people do not have an ice cream maker either so its nice to have a vegan coconut free chocolate ice cream thats easy to make as an option. I will admit its still not quite as scoopable asa normal dairy based ice cream and it still takes a little while to thaw out but its a big improvement on coconut based ice creams in my opinion. I like to keep a big stash in the freezer for when I feel like something to cool me down!
Please excuse my big fat pregnant belly in the photos. I look kinda fat but I promise its not me, I’m just carrying a fat child haha. Also I am wearing my wooden watch from Jord. If you like the look of them you can find all the details in the review I have written http://hazelandcacao.com/jord-wooden-watches-review/ All the relevant links to the website are in the review. So now as promised on to the recipe!
|Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream|| |
- 3 cups cashews – soaked for at least 4 hours
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cacao powder
- flesh 2 ripe avocados
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup almond milk or water
- Add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more water/almond milk if your blender is having trouble.
- This is quite a large amount of ice cream so if you have a smaller blender or a blender that is not powerful enough you may need to half the recipe or process in smaller batches for your blender to cope.
- Store in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours before serving.