I’m really trying to make an effort to eat more tropical fruit before we leave the tropics so I took this opportunity to try a mango cheesecake which I’ve been wanting to try for the longest time! Unfortunately my cheesecake tin completely fell apart when I tried to lift and everything fell out before it had time to set! I salvaged what I could of the filling and re made the base. I then decided to add a layer of coconut yogurt on top so I could regain some of the height I had lost. It looks really pretty but I have to say that the predominant taste is coconut! But a subtle hint of mango does come through and the passionfruit pulp on top is a really nice addition.
Its not my favourite cake because although I don’t mind coconut , I don’t love it when it’s the main event. My husband loved it though so if your a coconut lover you will love this one too!
I should mention that this cheesecake is best eaten cold as the top layer will melt quite quickly. As usual the cake is dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free. Enjoy!
|Raw Vegan Mango Coconut & Passionfruit Cheesecake|| |
- 1½ cups walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup pitted dates
- FILLING LAYER 1:
- 1½ cups raw cashews ( soaked for 3-4 hours)
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Juice half a lemon
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- FILLING LAYER 2:
- 1½ cups coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Passionfruit pulp
- Shredded coconut
- For the base: Add all the base ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly and sticky. Press down to the base of a cake tin and set aside.
- For the first yellow layer: Drain your cashews then add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. It may take a few minutes. Pour on top of base and set in the freezer for about 4 hours or overnight.
- For the second layer, simply mix in the maple syrup to the coconut yogurt with a spoon and pour on top of your first layer ( which should now be firm and set)
- Place in the freezer for another couple of yours for the yogurt layer to set then garnish with passionfruit pulp and shredded coconut.