I’ve made a few versions of raw mango cheesecakes and I think I’ve decided that the mango macadamia combination is my favourite! This raw mango cheesecake tart recipe is actually the same recipe I developed for a client but in mini cheesecake form . I decided I loved the recipe so I really wanted to feature it on my blog as well but in a slightly different form.
For this recipe I used fresh mango because it’s mango season and I wanted to make the most of it however you can easily use frozen mango chunks instead. You will need at least a cups worth. I feel like frozen mango gives off a little more colour as well which is always nice! I love this time of year for the fruit so I wanted to take the opportunity to pair the fruit with as many fresh and delicious summer fruits as I could.
I think I’m going to leave my little description of it here and let the recipe speak for itself. I’m feeling so sleep deprived after a horrible night with the baby. I’m afraid to say I think the 18 month sleep regression has hit us hard! It’s a little difficult especially since he has been sleeping so well the last few months but it is what it is! Unfortunately it means I can’t think of anything else to say about this recipe because I’m too tired! The recipe is raw , dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free. Enjoy !
|Raw Vegan Mango Macadamia Cheesecake Tarts|| |
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 cups pre-soaked cashews
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 large or two small mangoes diced
- pinch ground turmeric (for colour)
- For the base, whiz the ingredients together until they become sticky and crumbly
- Press evenly on the base and sides of the lightly greased mini tart tins. Set aside in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over base and smooth.
- Set in freezer for about 3-4 hours and add desired fruit as toppings