Have you noticed how most store bought vegan alternatives to butter are just super unhealthy? Margarine in itself is worse than butter for your health and many of the other spreads are just loaded with preservatives or GM soy. When in doubt just search one of Miyoko Schinner’s recipe. I stumbled across this recipe in a random you tube video I was watching. The best thing about it is that you can use it like real butter, it melts the same way and acts the same way and you can bake with it! I usually make a big batch and freeze it in little tubs and pull it out when I need it. Lasts a long time in the freezer.
|Vegan Butter|| |
- 1 cup liquid REFINED coconut oil
- ½ cup soy or almond milk
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ tsp lecithin granules
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ - 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and all the oils are well combined
- Transfer into little tubs or jars. I recommend freezing the butter, or it can be stored in the fridge for a 2-3 weeks.