Vegan Chocolate and Strawberry Custard Tart
This has been by far most popular recipe on Instagram. It was so popular in fact that I avoided doing a blog post for a while. But I think it is time. This is a vegan chocolate tart with a baked pecan crust and a raw banana chocolate custard filling. It is incredibly nutritious and gluten free as long as you use gluten free oats in the crust. If you still would like to avoid the oats or can not find gluten free oats you can substitute for the same amount of shredded coconut but this will obviously give a more coconutty taste. I am not going to write much more since most people have already seen the recipe, but if you haven’t I will let the recipe and the photo’s speak for themselves!
|Vegan Chocolate and Strawberry Custard Tart|| |
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 10 pitted dates
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- ¼ cup melted cacao butter ( optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberries as garnish
- For the base: process all the ingredients in a food processor until sticky.
- Press into the base and sides of a lightly greased tart pan evenly
- Bake for 15 mins at 180 C
- For the filling: Blend all filling ingredients in a blender until smooth and custard like in texture.
- once your base has cooled, pour over your base and smooth with a spatula
- Decorate with chopped strawberries and serve.
- Can be stored in the fridge or freezer.