Vegan Chocolate Banana Avocado Cake with Chocolate Ganache
I made this cake a while ago and figured it was a nice post to put up for valentines day. I’m actually most excited about the vegan ganache because it is very versatile and when heated it makes the most amazing hot fudge that tastes almost identical to the hot fudge I used to order at the pancake parlour back in Melbourne. Ive already used the left overs for pancakes and it was amazing! As for the cake itself, I actually cant decide if it tastes more like a chocolate banana bread ? My husband insists that it tastes like chocolate cake but I’m not convinced. Either way it is delicious and certainly a very easy cake to make! As usual I have tried my best to use wholesome clean ingredients. Feel free to experiment with your favourite gluten free flour if necessary. I think thats about all I’m going to write for this post and let the recipe do the rest of the talking. Happy Valentines Day for those that celebrate it 🙂
|Vegan Chocolate Banana Avocado Cake with Chocolate Ganache|| |
- ½ avocado
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- In a food processor combine the avocado flesh, banana's and vanilla extract. Process until smooth and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together spelt flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar and baking soda
- Add the banana avocado mixture to the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture in a small lightly greased cake tin and bake at 180C for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled carefully cut the cake in half lengthways and set aside.
- For the chocolate ganache: gently melt the dark chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a saucepan over low heat ( so the chocolate doesn't burn). Once melted add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine
- Spread a generous amount of ganache on top of your cake base then sprinkle with chopped strawberries
- Add your cake top and pour over some more ganache allowing it to spill on the side.
- Top with extra strawberries as garnish.
- You can store left over ganache in the fridge and heat it in the microwave to reuse as hot fudge or more ganache