Vegan Christmas Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Once more I have taken a much longer break from my blog than intended. I finally got back into the swing of things and then I had a bit of an unwarranted health scare at the same time as my baby was teething and going through the 4 month sleep regression. The last 6-8 weeks have been very exhausting, so I have been lucky if I could just feed myself a semi healthy meal. I have had absolutely no time for creativity and to be honest I didn’t feel much like it either. Although things haven’t quite returned to normal just yet, they are a lot better so I am going to try put just a little more effort in for the christmas period. We don’t celebrate christmas much in our family and every year I am more put off by the commercialisation of christmas but I do really love cooking to a theme and christmas desserts are pretty great!
I decided to adapt my recipe for vegan chocolate fudge and add some peppermint to make it christmassy. It turned out really delicious and its a very simple recipe with only 6 or so ingredients. Nice and quick to whip up provided you have a good blender or your cashews are pre soaked.
P.s I’m sorry for the super short blog posts! Trying to smash them out as quick as I can before the baby wakes up! x
|Vegan Christmas Chocolate Peppermint Fudge|| |
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of cacao butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- cacao nibs for garnish
- Melt the cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat. You can use a double boiler if you wish. Set aside to cool.
- In the mean time blend cashews, cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla in a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the melted cacao butter and blend again until mixed through.
- Pour mixture into a lined sqaure baking dish and smooth out with spatula.
- Sprinkle over some cacao nibs for garnish
- Place in the freezer to set. At least 15 minutes.
- Remove From freezer and cut into fudge squares. Can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!