Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Sauce
I have tried a few different forms of vegan mozzarella type cheeses. I was really happy when I found this one because of the texture it provides. I have adapted this recipe from Chloe Casacerlli’s book “Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen” The original recipe includes garlic and onion powder. I omit these because I find the flavours too strong, but many vegan cheeses use them so feel free to add them if you prefer.
|Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Sauce|| |
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (saoked for at least 4 hours)
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP corn starch
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour it over pizza or nacho’s and bake. The cornstarch makes the sauce firm slightly while baking and it develops a nicely baked crust.
- Will only last about 3 days in the fridge but can be kept in the freezer for about a month. It just needs to be totally defrosted before you use it.