I’m on a mission to make my desserts more and more traditional tasting without compromising on health. I often speak to many of my friends who say that after a while most raw vegan desserts end up tasting the same. I’ve even met people who hate them because they are just too nutty and don’t resemble the real thing at all. Personally I love raw desserts but am really enjoying the challenge of making them taste more traditional and these particular tarts definitely take healthy desserts to a new level. They are made with my favourite chocolate hazelnut spread, Heavenly Hazel from Nourishing Bites. I highly recommend this particular spread if you can get it because it’s absolutely delicious. If you live in Australia you can order a jar online here:https://www.nourishingbites.com.au/onlineshop/ If you can not get this spread, any vegan healthy Nutella with work. I’ll add the recipe link to my easy vegan Nutella recipe here: http://hazelandcacao.com/homemade-healthy-vegan-nutella/
I’ve used the same base to these as my mocha hazelnut slice which was absolutely delicious, however in tart form it did turn out quite crumbly, so I added some extra coconut oil to help the bases firm up in the freezer. If your mixture turns out too dry and won’t stick together, add some more liquid, like water to help things combine. If you like things a little sweeter adding some extra maple syrup would also work.
This dessert is the perfect mood boosting food. Not only does it contain lots of ingredients to support healthy progesterone production, it is also high in tryptophan containing foods (like tofu and nuts) which is needed for seratonin production. Nutella is always a good idea! Especially if it’s healthy and refined sugar free. These tarts take Nutella to the next level and make it taste very sophisticated in my opinion.
This dessert is entirely dairy free, refined sugar free and gluten free.
|Vegan No Bake Nutella Custard Tarts|| |
- 1½ cup lightly roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 packet organic silken tofu
- ½ cup heavenly hazel chocolate spread of other vegan Nutella*
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- drop vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- For the base: process all the ingredients in a food processor until sticky. If it too crumbly add more liquid
- Press evenly into the side and base of 6 mini tart tins and set aside
- For the filling, add all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling evenly over tart bases and decorate with berries and chopped hazelnuts
- *see description for home made vegan Nutella recipe link