Was so excited to try out some colourful superfoods powders for this recipe . I’d seen people using them all over Instagram and really wanted rainbow colourful powders to play with my self. I got my powders from Unicorn Superfoods and used the pink pitaya powder for extra pinkness in this recipe. I have much grander plans for the powders but I literally was so excited that I had to come up with something as soon I received the powders and this was it! It makes for a delicious breakfast especially when eaten out of a giant glass.
The recipe is peanut butter granola, berry avocado smoothie and my vegan vanilla tofu yogurt (or custard) mixed with chia seeds. Mixing chia seeds in yogurt is by far the quickest and most delicious way to make a chia pudding. It’s ready instantly and in my opinion tastes a lot better too! Although I do love chia I have a lot of people comment on how they can’t stand the texture of chia pudding and if I think about it long enough I absolutely can understand why! It is a bit slimy if you think about it. Adding chia to yogurt is a great way to get the health benefits of chia in to your diet as the chia doesn’t change the texture all that much especially if you don’t add too much of it , plus you can use your favourite yogurt so your familiar with the flavour and can trust that it’s a flavour you will enjoy.
Personally even before I went mostly plant based I never liked real yogurt , not even the sweet ones (except for the chocolate yogos which was more like a custard ) but I absolutely love my tofu custard which I use as a yogurt! I still prefer it over any vegan yogurt on the market. It’s not a real yogurt unless you add some probiotic powder and let it sit over night. Which you are most welcome to do, but I eat it as is because it’s better without the probiotics and quicker too! If your not a fan of tofu , sub your favourite vanilla yogurt in this recipe instead.
You can add any granola to this recipe you want but if you want my recipe for the peanut butter granola you can find it here: https://hazelandcacao.com/quick-easy-vegan-peanut-butter-granola-only-5-ingredients/
The recipe is dairy free , gluten free, refined sugar free and delicious . Enjoy !
|Berry & Vanilla Chia Swirl Parfait|| |
- BERRY SMOOTHIE:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 tsp pink pitaya powder
- ½ avocado
- 1-2 pitted dates (optional)
- 1 cup plant milk of choice
- TOFU CHIA PUDDING
- 1 packet organic silken tofu
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- Drop vanilla extract
- Juice half lemon
- 4 TBSP chia seeds
- Granola and berries as toppings
- For the smoothie, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside
- For the tofu pudding, mix all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth .
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in chia seeds. Allow to sit for about 2 minutes .
- Layer your parfaits and create swirl with the end of a teaspoon trying to mix the pink layer and white layer together a little .
- Add berries and granola. You can add the layers which ever way you choose.