Falafel Salad with Vegan Tzatziki
This isn’t much of a recipe. I was contemplating wether or not this salad would make it as a post. But in the end I thought I might as well upload it just in case it gives someone some inspiration for a quick and healthy lunch idea. I love this salad. It’s so filling and nourishing. I promise I will share my own recipe for sweet potato falafels sometime soon, but the truth is I find falafels very time consuming to make and I just don’t have time to spend in the kitchen especially when I have a busy week at work. Fortunately there are a few really great store bought falafel brands, which actually have really good ingredients! No nasty additives or preservatives and are really taste as well. Actually I prefer some of them to many of the falafels I have made (except the sweet potato ones). I love this because you just need to heat up some falafels in the oven for 5 minutes assemble your salad and your ready to go to work. I also like to stuff this salad in a wholemeal pita pocket and add a little bit of extra home made hummus just because. I love using my vegan tzatziki as a dressing. You can find the recipe here
|Falafel Salad with Vegan Tzatziki|| |
- 1 big bunch of mixed greens: spinach, kale, swiss chard, lettuce etc
- ¼ cup red cabbage shreds
- ¼ cup radish slices
- 1 Lebanese cucumber chopped
- olive oil to dress
- vegan tzatziki sauce ( recipe link in description)
- drizzle of tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 10 pre-made falafels
- Heat your falafels in the oven according to package instructions or use home made falafels.
- Slice and chop all your veggies and assemble your salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil, tahini and vegan tzatziki. Enjoy!