Healthy Vegan Nutella Cookies
Ive been meaning to make Nutella cookies for the longest time. The reason it’s taken so long is because as you may know from many of my previous posts , I really struggled making hazelnut butter at home and I also struggled finding hazelnut butter to buy! But thankfully as of very recently that problem has resolved and I now have hazelnut butter on me at all times (even if it costs me $18 a jar) . As soon as I decided on my favourite Nutella recipe I knew exactly how I wanted to make these cookies. They come together very quickly as long as you have your homemade Nutella pre made. You can use any home made Nutella recipe you like, just make sure it’s a thick nut butter consistency. Real Nutella is too thin to work in this recipe.
Im adding the link to my home made Nutella recipe here: :https://hazelandcacao.com/homemade-healthy-vegan-nutella/
Try and make sure your nutella is pre-made for this recipe. Other than that there isn’t much else left to say. My husband proudly told me that these were the best cookies I have ever made! They were actually delicious especially with a glass of soy milk and also filling and nutritious (gluten free too) The whole batch was gone in one nightI honestly regretted not making a double batch so you may want to do yourself a favour and double this recipe. Enjoy!
|Healthy Vegan Nutella Cookies|| |
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ½ cup homemade Nutella (link for recipe in description above)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ⅛ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients until they form a cookie dough. Make sure the Nutella incorporates into the mixture well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips if using
- Spoon out about 1 tbsp amounts onto a lightly greased or lined baking tray. Flatten and shape into small cookie rounds with your fingers
- Bake at 170 C for 10-12 minutes