Raw White Chocolate Cherry Mini Cheesecakes
As I am sure I have mentioned before, I love cherries. I’m trying to make the most of them before they are no longer in season. It is a shame that cherries are so expensive. I get so excited over them I always end up buying too many and then I feel so horrible if they start going mouldy before I get the chance to eat them. I decided to put some of my left over cherries to good use and turn them into desserts. I also have a recipe for cherry popsicles coming soon. Both these recipes appeased my sole, not only because they use cherries, but also because I got to use my cherries up without having to throw any away. I got this idea from a woolworths magazine, where they had a gorgeous picture of these mini cherry chesecakes with a coconut macaroon base, white chocolate cheese filling and cherries. I decided to do the same thing but make it raw , vegan, glutenfree and of course without all the added refined sugar. They turned out delicious. Hope you enjoy.
|Raw White Chocolate Cherry Mini Cheesecakes|| |
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups soaked cashews (soak for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup cacao butter liquefied
- 12 – 15 cherries plus extra for decoration.
- For the base: combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Press about 1 TBSP amount into the base of a muffin tin. I lined with strips of baking paper for easier removal
- Set in freezer while you make the filling
- For the filling, melt your cacao butter over the stove on low heat, stirring.
- place all the filling ingredients except cherries in a blender and blend until smooth. About 2 minutes.
- half the cherries and remove the stone. Fold into the cheesecake mixture
- pour mixture over the top of bases in your muffin tin
- set cheesecakes in freezer for about 4 hours
- defrost for a few minutes before serving
- decorate with some extra cherries and enjoy