I first tried the DHOW Bam Choco Latte a couple of months ago and I loved it. I decided to be a bit more creative with it and add it to a dessert recipe. I love that latte because it contains Bambara nuts which are very high in protein and are a complete plant-based protein source. Its also delicately spiced with vanilla and cardamon and has a beautiful latte flavour. It’s really a little bit like using a chocolate protein powder in your cooking except it’s all-natural and not highly processed. The protein has not been concentrated or extracted it just exists in its whole form in the Bambara nuts. One of the main reasons I love making so many healthy vegan desserts is that they are usually fairly well balanced with protein and fat as well as carbohydrates so they don’t spike your blood sugar anywhere near as much as regular desserts. they are of course also very high in nutrients. These particular cookies are a great source of protein from the latte mix as well as the nut butter in the mix. They are really easy to make with only a handful of ingredients and they taste like a dream! they are soft and pillowy in texture and beautifully spiced with vanilla and cardamon. They are also gluten-free but will work with basically and flour you choose to use.
For more info about the Bam choco latte from DHOW and to find out a little more about bambara nuts, please visit my other blog post where I talk about bambara nuts and the importance of protein for blood sugar balance. https://hazelandcacao.com/blood-sugar-balancing-hazelnut-chocolate-latte-with-bambara-nuts/.
|Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Latte Cookies|| |
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour
- ⅓ cup DHOW Bam Choco Latte
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, latte mix, baking soda, and coconut sugar
- Add the nut butter and vanilla and mix until combined and chunky
- Add water and mix again until cookie batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form 1 TBSP sized cookie balls and flatten slightly.
- Place on a tray with plenty of room to spread
- Bake at 170 C for 10-15 mins