Raw Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cakes
A few days ago I shared one of these photos thinking that I had completely lost the recipe when my website crashed. Luckily for me, I had written it out in an Instagram post! The recipe is actually extremely similar to another recipe on my blog but without the little chocolate sauce part on top. Pretty much everyone wanted me to re share this recipe so here it is again. the cakes are raw, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and all the good things! I’m honestly not going to write anything else. These are amazing! I miss them and need to make them more often! Enjoy!
|Raw Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cakes|| |
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- About 8-10 medjool dates - pitted
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups cashews – soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- flesh 1 ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup water
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP hazelnut butter
- Drop vanilla extract
- Chopped hazelnuts as garnish
- For the base: add your hazelnuts to your food processor and blitz until turns into a fine meal.
- Add your dates and salt and blitz again until the mixture becomes sticky
- Press mixture down on the base of lightly greased mini cheesecake moulds. Set aside
- For the filling: add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more water if your blender is having trouble.
- Pour filling over base until each mould is filled. Try to even out the top by shaking or tapping the moulds or with a spoon.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours
- For the sauce, mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. You may need to melt down the hazelnut butter and coconut oil ( use microwave or stove top). Spoon over cakes and garnish wish chopped hazelnuts