Vegan Chocolate Ganache Tart
Out of all the healthy desserts I have ever made, this one tastes the most unhealthy. I think it could fool anyone into thinking it was a regular dairy and sugar laden dessert but its not. The crust could easily pass for a biscuit crust but it is completely gluten free and a lot more nutritious. The ganache filling is my favourite. It is very rich but because its vegan it does not leave you feeling disgusting and heavy once your done. The filling is also raw which I think is a bonus because raw desserts are just much easier to make and so much more forgiving.
I honestly do not know what else to say about this dessert except for both my husband and I agreeing that this is the best one I have ever made. I think if your looking to get into healthy desserts but don’t know where to start, this is a good starting point because it tastes just like the normal desserts your used to. Also since I have had lots of people asking me for more desserts that don’t involve coconut oil, this is another one with no coconut oil in sight! Enjoy!
|Vegan Chocolate Ganache Tart|| |
- ½ cup oats ( gluten free if necessary)
- 1½ cups blanched almond meal
- 2 TBSP grapeseed or sunflower oil
- pinch salt
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 cup cashews ( soaked for at least 4 hours)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup cacao butter ( melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped almonds
- For the crust: whiz the oats in a blender or food processor until they become a flour.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl with a spoon until slightly sticky and moist.
- Press the mixture evenly on the base and sides of a lightly greased tart tin ( you can use rectangular or round)
- Bake the crust for 12 - 15 minutes at 180 C
- remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before adding filling
- For the ganache: melt down the cacao butter on the stove or double boiler over low heat until liquid and set aside.
- Place all ganache ingredients except cacao butter in a high speed blender and blend until as smooth as possible.
- Slowly add your liquid cacao butter and blend again until smooth and creamy
- Pour ganache filling over your baked crust and smooth out evenly with spatula.
- Set in freezer for 2-3 hours until hard
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and chopped almonds to serve.