I’ve definately been giving pear more of a go since having the baby (pear purée is delicious ) so I’ve been making a few more things with pear before summer seasons get here (can’t wait for stone fruit) . I’ve also discovered that pears are a great gentle digestive aid so I like eating them for my gut. Personally I can’t handle many of the traditional gut healthy stuff like probiotics, fermented foods , kombucha, resistant starch etc as I react quite strongly to them. Pears help me in a gentle way without making me feel like death.
For this post I made these pear muffins and they were nothing short of amazing ! Also you will be happy to know that I finally took the plunge and baked something that didn’t involve spelt flour! I rely so having on spelt for baking as it’s such a forgiving flour but I get questions all the time for baking that’s more gluten free. Unfortunately I think many people still have issues with oats even if they get gluten free oats so I’m not sure if I’ll get the tick of approval from my gluten free followers just yet but it’s a step forward none the less! My only regret with these muffins is that I didn’t chop the pear a little smaller. I wasn’t very precise at all and some of the larger bits did make the muffins fall apart. Over all the taste and texture was delicious ! I can’t wait to make a new batch to freeze soon.
For this post I’ve also collaborated with a few other vegan bloggers that have come up with some pear recipes as well. If your looking for some pear inspiration I’ll pop the links to the different recipes after my own! Enjoy!
|Vegan Spiced Oat Pear Muffins|| |
- 2 pears cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour*
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 6 TBSP coconut yogurt
- Drop vanilla extract
- 2 tsp allspice
- Extra oats for garnish
- Core and finely chop your pears and set aside. The finer you chop them the better.
- In a large bowl mix together the flours, coconut sugar , baking soda and spices.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pears and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the pears until they are evenly distributed .
- Divide the mixture evenly between greased or lined muffin tray. Makes enough for 1 standard 12 piece muffin tray and 1 mini tray.
- Sprinkle with oats and bake at 180 C for 20 - 30 mins.
- *you can make your own oat flour by processing rolled oats in a food processor or blender until they turn into a flour
Savoury Pear Soup by This Healthy Kitchen https://thishealthykitchen.com/vegan-cold-pear-soup/
Whole Pear Cake by Renanas Kitchen https://www.renanas.kitchen/posts/vegan-maple-whole-pear-cake.html
Spicy Pear Chutney by Sarah’s Vegan Guide: https://sarahsveganguide.com/spicy-pear-chutney