Here is a simple vegan tzatziki sauce. I find that it tastes very close to the original and complements easily with so many dishes. I love to use it as a dressing for a nice big falalfal salad which I love having for lunch (recipe coming soon) use it as a dip for veggies and chips and pita bread, in veggie burgers and sometimes also just so slather it on some middle eastern type dishes that I find too spicy. Hope you enjoy the recipe.
|Vegan Tzatziki|| |
- ⅔ cup of peeled and grated cucumber. I use Lebanese cucumbers
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours)
- 1 clove of garlic – or more if you like it more garlicky
- ½ TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dry dill
- 1 TBSP chopped mint
- pinch salt
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Begin by peeling and grating your cucumber
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust to taste.