When I first made this cake a while ago I never intended to blog it because it is the exact same recipe as my vegan baked vanilla cheesecake but with the addition of blueberries and a little lemon zest. I was so thrilled my first attempt at a baked vegan cheesecake had worked so well that I wanted to try different flavour combinations. I have since had a few people make this cake and they all liked it, I will say however that the filling can separate from the crust, especially if it is overbaked. It is also quite a lot of crust! It’s very thick so if you like, you can experiment with halving the crust measurements and keeping the crust just for the base of tha cake instead of running it up the sides as well. I have not tried this myself but after making variations of this cake a few times, I am confident that the filling will hold its own once baked and wont need to be confined by the crust. For more details about this recipe, you can read my last post: https://hazelandcacao.com/vegan-baked-vanilla-cheesecake-no-coconut/
This recipe is vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free. Enjoy.
Equipment you will need
|Baked Vegan Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake - no coconut|| |
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 4 TBSP avocado oil or other neutral oil
- pinch salt
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 3-4 hours)
- 1 300g packet organic silken tofu
- 6 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp tahini
- For the base: mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl with a spoon until slightly sticky and moist.
- Press the mixture evenly on the base and sides of a lightly greased cake tin. Try to go as high up the sides as you can.
- For the filling: add the blueberries on top of the base.
- Add all the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour over base and blueberries and bake at 180 C for about 30- 40 minutes. I kept checking and shaking the tin and removed once the filling had set and had a jelly-like consistency (no longer liquid)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Decorate with blueberries
- Stores well in the fridge