I have been a little slow to the game and never owned a rice cooker until now, but I am so glad I waited because this rice cooker serves as the perfect machine for easy set and forget one-pot meals. Since my rice cooker is a large 10L rice cooker, for my first rice cooker experiment I wanted to create a big batch meal that was versatile and that would freeze well so that I could use it for other quick meals when needed. We are still a small family but I love the idea of easy big batch cooking for larger families. I came up with this Mexican chili beans and rice. It’s really just a vegan chili recipe with the addition of rice to make it more filling and more easily adapted to other recipes. I froze the leftovers and plan to use them for burrito stuffings and to use to stuff sweet potatoes for easy weeknight dinners.
Personally, since we have a small toddler that eats all the same things we do, I have gotten used to toning back the spices so that he can eat our food too. To be honest, we don’t like a lot of spice in our food so I think I prefer things this way, but for all the spice lovers out there, the recipe can be easily adjusted by adding extra chili flakes or even some fresh chili in the recipe. Adjust according to taste and preference.
I loved the process of cooking a meal in a rice cooker because I love one-pot meals. My favourite thing about using a rice cooker was that it seems to know exactly how long to cook rice for the perfect texture. There is no need to set the time (like some other machines) or keep checking on the water. I’ve always struggled a little bit cooking my own brown rice. I’ve actually never enjoyed doing it at all! it takes a long time on the stove and always seemed to make a somewhat easy meal a little more difficult when I constantly had to check on my rice. I love that this is a set and forget thing and you can trust your rice to come out right every time. The Panasonic 10L rice cooker is also very versatile and has many functions including quick-cooking quinoa, slow cooker, and even bread making!
The CN188WST Panasonic 10-Cup Rice Cooker is available now at leading retailers, priced at $199. If you are interested in this Rice Cooker, please visit the link below:
|Mexican Chilli Beans and Rice with Panasonic 10L Rice Cooker|| |
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 2 large celery stalks (diced)
- 1 medium capsicum (diced)
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1¼ cup veggie broth
- 1 tsp chili flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- Begin by prepping your veggies and dice the onion, celery, and capsicum.
- Add veggies to the rice cooker pot
- Drain and rinse your canned beans and add to the rice cooker pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir through until well incorporated
- Set the brown rice function on the rice cooker and allow it to cook until rice cooker is finished.
- Serve immediately with avocado and vegan sour cream and some chopped coriander ( if you liked coriander) leftovers freeze well and can be used for quick meals or as stuffing for burritos or sweet potatoes.