Vegan Sour cream
After many vegan sour cream recipes I have settled on this one. It took me a while to warm up to the taste of this and I think with most alternatives, you have to just sort of stick to it for a while before you can really start to enjoy it for what it is. If you’re a fussy eater like me, the only thing you will be thinking about at the beginning is how it’s “just not the real thing” After sticking to it for a little while I can honestly say I prefer it to regular sour cream.
|Vegan Sour cream|| |
- 1 cup raw cashews (preferable soaked for at least 1 hour)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and bled until smooth.
- If your cashews are not soft enough you may need to add a little more water.
- Will last in the fridge about 3 days