I’m going to keep this post super short. I don’t have much to say about this recipe. I don’t even know if it resembles real mac n cheese because I have never tried real mac n cheese believe it or not! The closest I’ve tried to the real thing is our Romanian version which is made with pasta and feta cheese and nothing else. This is not similar to that in the slightest. I have literally seen a million different versions for vegan mac and cheese. Ive never really been tempted to try any until I had a child. Everyone raves about how much children love mac n cheese so I thought I should try it and see if it was a hit! The baby did really like it and so did we. It turned out a lot heavier and filling than I imagined it would since it is mostly vegetables.
In short I’m not vouching that this is the same as the same thing but it is a nice and filling “hidden veggie” type dish full of protein and healthy fats thats very yummy, comforting and toddler approved. Enjoy.
|Vegan Veggie Mac n Cheese|| |
- 1 packet of pasta of choice. We used wholemeal spelt spiral shell pasta.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 cup soy milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp tahini
- juice half lemon
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Chop your potatoes and carrots into large chunks and boil or steam until tender and soft.
- Place cooked vegetables into blender and all remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and thick. Make sure to taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour over cooked and drained pasta. Serve with chopped parsley if desired.